Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

going crazy...

**updates in RED**

You know how they say everything happens in 3s.... Well... if you are close to me, do not worry about getting hurt and going into the hospital. Since I currently have 3 family members in the hospital, everyone else should be safe! *sigh*

These last couple of weeks have been LONG and STRESSFUL! I would totally blame my lack of blogging on it, however, I was struggling before this mess! Right now, I am just struggling to stay awake each day!

Here is a little recap:

Thursday, 8/16 - My Granny (mom's mom) falls and breaks her hip!

I was to leave Saturday morning for a quick girls weekend in Indianapolis (yes, I still owe you that post!). My mom was to come keep Hadlea and help with the Roumbanis boys. Friday morning, I get a call from my mom that my Granny had fallen late Thursday evening, and she was now with her. I just told her it wasn't a problem, I would just cancel the trip. But everyone kept insisting I go... there was plenty of help with H...

Friday, 8/17 - I hadn't been feeling too well and since I was going on a girls trip that would definitely include some drinks, I decided to take a test... imagine my surpise when ALL FOUR turned positive!! Oh My Gawd just kept repeating in my head until I could get Shannan on the phone!!

I told Justin later that night... if only I could have his expression on camera! To. Die. For.

My dad and cousin, Kate, came to the rescue. As they were about to head this way to keep H for the weekend (Justin had to work Saturday and had an all night fishing tournament), my Grandma (dad's mom) falls and breaks her leg! I mean, REALLY?! How does this happen?!

My dad has 11 brothers and sisters so some of them jumped in and took care of my Grandma. My dad and Kate were DYING to come keep H alone!

Saturday, 8/18 - I leave bright and early at 5AM to head to Indy! A little get away to get away from the stress... or so I am thinking! We had a layover in Chicago. We are eating breakfast when I get a text from J that Hadlea is running fever! At this point, REALLY bad words are popping into my head! This trip was doomed from the beginning! Hadlea ends up throwing up all over Justin's truck. They take her home. Nana and Aunt Leslie come help clean her up! We go on to Indy!

Once we get there, we check the motoGP races as qualifying was that day. Casey Stoner, the rider we went to watch, wrecks!! *laughing hysterically at this point* He breaks his foot, has several fractures in his leg and tares all of the ligaments off of his ankle!

Sunday, 8/19 - Casey decides to race! Those guys are crazy... I guess since they have broken every bone in their body (they do drive 200+ mph on a motorcycle), it wasn't too crazy to see him back out on the track! We watch the race and head home! Hadlea started running more of a fever so Justin and Nana took her to Urgent Care. She had an upper respiratory infection.

Monday, 8/20 - H was sick at home.

I was super nauseous on the entire trip and this is when my awesome all day morning sickness started!
Tuesday, 8/21 - I kept H home another day. She seemed fine, but wanted her to get some rest. She also started gymnastics.... which were a disaster since she didn't care to do anything her teacher told her!

Another day of all day sickness! H was so good both days to let me lay around and be her sleeping baby!

Wednesday, 8/22 - I started spotting. Talk about a total bummer. Since no one else knew I was prego except Justin, Shannan and Julie there wasn't much I could say to anyone. I was a disaster. We have been down this road before, and it is not pretty.

Thursday, 8/23 - More spotting. At this point, I thought about calling the doctor, but then I just decided to stay positive and pray. There was nothing they could do the first time, and I assumed the same about this time. Thankfully, this was the last time it happened!! God is so good to answer prayers!

Friday, 8/24 - H didn't sleep ALL night due to coughing! I thought maybe she was getting worse, but she was fine during the day, other than a little snotty nose. We already had plans with my friend from high school and her family to come down. The Hammons arrived that night!

Saturday, 8/25 - We spent the morning playing at the house and then went to lunch and the aquarium. H had coughed all night again so I called the nurse on call at our Pedi's office. They said due to her age, there wasn't much they could do for her cough. I felt SO bad for her. Thursday night, we slept 3 hours and Friday night, we slept 4 hours. We were both miserable! I was telling my neighbor about her cough and she said her Pedi had given her some cough medicine for her son not too long ago. She gave me some of it. I HATE giving H medicine unless it is just totally needed. I was VERY against giving it to her until I checked with a Dr's wife. They said a 1/2 teaspoon would be fine. And wouldn't you know, Saturday night she slept ALL night! Poor girl was worn out!

Saturday night, I could NOT wait to get H to sleep and get in bed. I had slept less than 7 hours in two days! I felt terrible since our friends were here, but I felt so sick! I went to lay H down only to get a call that my Godfather (dad's brother) had been in a terrible accident. He was listed in critical condition.

Gary is more than my Uncle. More than my Godfather. He is like my own father! And when you talk to your own dad about his brother being in critical condition and hear the fear in his voice, it takes all you have not to freak out! I felt so terrible for my dad, for my 4 cousins. All these emotions I had when finding out about my own brother came rushing back!

Needless to say....  ZERO sleep on Saturday night!

Sunday, 8/26 - Justin and I headed to the hospital in Wichita, KS. Nana met us to pick up H so she didn't have to ride 7 hours in the car in one day!

Monday, 8/27 - We finally had a normal day! We worked, H went to daycare, and then we played outside with the neighbors.

Tuesday, 8/28 - H had her second gymnastics. Hated it! She, again, did NOTHING that her teacher told her to do. It was a STRESSFUL time watching her do NOTHING!

So.... we have been busy... and STRESSED! Thankfully, everyone is doing great! Both Grandma's are still in the hospital and recovery is going great. My Uncle continues to make great improvements. You can follow his updates HERE.


Candice said...

WOW!! I am so sorry to hear all this. Craziness! Prayers for all your relatives! I checked out your uncle's page. He looks like a fun-loving guy. Glad to hear everyone seems to be recovering.

katie@tulsadetails said...

You have had a rough week! Hoping things continue to improve for you!!!

Emily said...

Holy moly girl, what a week! I'm sorry it's been such a bad, stressful one for you. Praying that everyone heals up and stays well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails