So it has been a week... a very LONG week since I have last posted. I think work is starting to slow a bit where I do not have to work half of the night, but still working a crazy amount of hours. I am thinking about two more weeks, and hopefully it will be back to normal... although I think it will be a new normal. Thanks to a few of you that have sent encouraging facebook messages and texts. During those long days it was nice to see that some of you were thinking about me and gave me a nice smile! I have some of the greatest friends and family EVER!
A lot has gone on in the past week. Hadlea is changing from a baby into a toddler at rapid speed! She makes us laugh all of the time and is starting to do things to get us to laugh... like today, Justin was laying in the floor and she went and climbed over him, turned around and pushed his face. We laughed, and she did too!
- She is a climber... like I have mentioned before. And the taller she gets the more we have to watch her. She tries to climb into and on EVERYTHING!
- She has more teeth! She has started getting her back bottom two molars. I had no idea she could get them this early! I felt terrible when we found them because I had only been putting Origel on her top front teeth that I thought were hurting her! Poor girl! The bottom right one is through and the bottom left will be in any day now.
- She now says baby... and hugs every baby or stuffed animal she has! I have pictures to post of this, but it just makes my heart so happy to see her loving on babies. It lets me know when we hug or kiss her that she knows we love her... and she follows by doing the same to her babies! What a great feeling as a parent... or it is for me! Although her kisses for us are only ones we get blown to us anymore! :)
- She claps at EVERYTHING... and is VERY in to Patty Cake these days!
- She becomes more in love with Berkley everyday. She follows him and constantly wants to love on him... and when he doesn't want love, he runs, so she tracks him down and kicks him. Berkley doesn't like this AT ALL. But he just runs again. I know he would never try to hurt her.
I think I could tell 100 different stories about her over the last week, but I will save you the time! Justin and I laugh about her every night as we get into bed. We re-live the day and talk about the funny things she did or how she is such a dare devil. She will try to climb in a rocking chair we have and has fallen off 100 times and still tries multiple times a day... in which she usually ends up crying. (it is only like a foot off of the ground so we do not have to worry about her getting injured.) She is just the most perfect thing EVER!
But I think the biggest news over the last week is that Hadlea has moved out of the house for daycare! Our nanny told us about a month ago that she wanted to go back to work. She used to work full-time and stopped after having her baby. She didn't want to put him in daycare, which is why she chose to become a nanny. She was ready to put her baby in daycare and go back to work. Justin and I went back and forth for many nights on whether to put her in daycare or get another nanny. I WAS SICK! I didn't know what choice to make. I knew Hadlea was ready for daycare as she loves other kids, but part of me wanted to be selfish and keep her home. I decided to seek both and see where we were lead. After going and meeting the daycare owner, and taking Hadlea over to meet the kids, I knew we had made our choice!
On Thursday, October 28, Hadlea had her first day of daycare! I was a nervous wreck the day before! I was just hoping and praying we were making the right decision. At 8AM, I got her up, fed her a bottle and some oatmeal and got her dressed. Obviously, she was a little tired as she normally sleeps until 9AM! :)
But she soon came around. We played for a bit until she was in a good mood! I wanted her to be happy before taking her over there. The daycare is an in- daycare and only 2 miles from our house. I think it will be the perfect place for her!
When we arrived the first morning, she crawled off to start playing with the other kids, but I as turned to walk out, she LOST it. I could hear her crying as I walked to my car, but before I even got home, the owner text me and said she was already calm and playing. She sent me text about every hour the first day to keep me up to date. It was the most awesome experience! I knew exactly what she was doing at all times... what she had played with, ate, how long she napped, everything! It definitely made the day alot easier for this momma!
Day 2 was the Friday before Halloween and the day of her very 1st Halloween party! I got her up at 8AM again, fed and changed her and we played for a bit again. She had to wear her cute candy corn shirt!
And as I left on day 2, I called Justin and told him I was more sad than I was on Day 1. She didn't even cry when I left! I put her down with another little girl, she started playing and as I turned to walk away, she crawled the opposite way to the playroom! I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. Ha! I again got texts throughout the day from the owner keeping me up to date! She had a great day 2 and was happy to see me when I picked her up!
When we got home, H had a package from Grammie and Grampie!
Daddy got home shortly so we spent some time playing.. or Hadlea climbing over daddy...
No idea what funny face this is!
I have TONS of pictures from Halloween weekend and I will 'hopefully' get them posted in the next couple of days! I hope everyone had a great week and a safe Halloween!